Architectural window film is a retrofit product designed to enhance glass performance. It is a polyester film construction generally made of Polyethylene Teraphthalate (PET). Most films are applied to the interior surface of a glass window in a home, commercial building, or vehicle. They have a scratch resistant coating on the outer surface to protect the film.
There are many types of window films. Some are clear and feature multiple layers of PET to offer protection from shattering glass; others are tinted with metals, dyes, or pigments to reduce the visible light transmitted through the glass, and block heat coming through from the sun. There are even decorative window films that can replicate the look of frosted glass or etched patterns.
- Moto Shield Pro Premium Precut Ceramic Kit : Best Overall.
- Moto Shield Pro Premium Ceramic : Best Window Tint on a Roll.
- Lexan Max 2Ply Carbon : Best Precut Carbon Film Kit.
- Lexan Max 2Ply Premium Carbon : Best Carbon Film on a Roll.
- Gila Heat Shield Basic : Best for People on a Tighter Budget.